- Guide students in the preparation of the dissertation proposal, including the specification of the research problem(s)/question(s), selection of the appropriate methodology (i.e., quantitative, qualitative, mixed), and the literature review.
- Set clear expectations for the timely completion of the dissertation proposal, including development of a timeline with students.
- Facilitate ongoing communication throughout all aspects of the dissertation including setting guidelines for frequency and type of communication (e.g., weekly, twice monthly; email, phone, in- person meetings).
- Guide students in the development of the IRB application and meeting all of the requirements of IRB. Ensure that all ethical research standards are met during the research process.
- Guide students during the data collection and writing phase of the dissertation including timely return of drafts submitted by the candidate (2-3 week turnaround depending on the chapter being reviewed).
- Submit student's Chapters 1-5, Turnitin report.
- Prepare students for the oral defense of proposal.
- Biweekly meeting with dissertation chair
- Serving on dissertation committee
- Input information regarding student progress in the dissertation into the dissertation database
Dissertation coaches working hours:
- Maximum working hour per week is 20-25
Number of students:
- Varies depending on experience
- Pay is $700 per chapter completed by the student and approved
- Earned Ph.D. or Ed.D. from a regionally accredited university
- A minimum of five years experience in the K12 leadership position for students working in the K12 system, or 5 years administrative experience for higher education candidates.
- A minimum of two years experiences chairing doctoral dissertations with the completion of at least six doctoral candidates.”