Before picking up your graduation regalia, please make sure your student account is cleared with Student Account Services, or that arrangements are made to clear your account. (870-972-2285).
Cap & Gown Distribution
Caps and gowns will be distributed in the ASU Bookstore (second floor of the Student Union – 101 N. Caraway Rd., State University 72467) on the dates and times listed below. Please note that distribution WILL NOT begin early, as the Brown’s Graduation representative will not be on hand before the times listed. The ASU Bookstore opens earlier than the times listed below for normal business hours, but no regalia will be distributed before the times given.
- Times are TBD
Doctoral Students: Unless you purchase your regalia from a distributor, your graduation fee only covers the rental of your cap, gown, and hood. Please return it to the Registrar’s table after commencement, or to the Office of the Registrar by end of day (4:30 p.m.) on Tuesday, August 11th. Someone will be at the Registrar’s table after the ceremony for 30 minutes so you can return it without having to make an extra trip to campus the following week. Failure to return your regalia could result in you being charged for the price associated with it, which is quite costly.
If you decide you are not attending the ceremony and want your cap and gown mailed to you, please contact the ASU Bookstore (870-972-2058) starting Monday, August 3rd. They will not accept orders before August 3rd. Do not contact them before distribution week. There is a minimum charge for mailing regalia, which is paid directly to the bookstore. Please contact them during graduation week only to have regalia shipped to you, as all leftover regalia will boxed up and returned after graduation week.
- If you are attending the ceremony, please do not request to have your cap and gown mailed to you. If you have it mailed to you and do not receive it, you will have to purchase another out of pocket; the graduation fee only covers one set.
- If you did not get pre-fitted, or pre-order through the link we sent, there will be extra caps, gowns, hoods, etc. at the bookstore.
- If you need someone else to pick up your regalia, that is absolutely fine. Just let that person know whether you’re an undergrad or graduate level student to save the Brown’s representative some time. (If you did not pre-order, they will also need to know your height and weight!)
If you plan to decorate your cap, please use appropriate materials that do not distract others from the ceremony. Inappropriate materials could include electronic devices, lights, etc.
You will receive two cards when you pick up your cap and gown from the bookstore. Please bring these cards with you to the commencement ceremony. It is important that you have these for the announcer and photographer.* Please do not leave your walk cards in your car, at home/the hotel, or throw it away accidentally. These cards have important information on it that YOU WILL NEED. Please consider these cards as part of your “regalia” and come to the ceremony with them.
If you are an undergraduate who has obtained Latin honors, there will be a sticker on your walk card. Bring the card to the Office of the Registrar to pick up your cords.
*For spring students who have already obtained your cap and gown—we will have your walk cards (and honor cords if eligible) at the Registrar’s table at the ceremony. We will be located near the entrance for you to obtain these items.)
Details about commencement ticket distribution will be sent in a separate email. Continue to check your student email so you do not miss important information.
PENDING SUMMER GRADUATES
- Summer check sheets are still being reviewed. We are working through them diligently. Please note that you DO NOT have to get an email stating that you’ve been cleared in order to participate in the ceremony. As long as you are a spring graduate or a pending August graduate AND you have preregistered/signed up, you can walk at the appropriate commencement ceremony.
- Summer students, please continue to check your student email. We will send a link to provide your preferred mailing address for your diploma soon. You MUST fill this out if you want your diploma mailed to you once they are released.
Office of the Registrar