Undergraduate FACULTY ADVISOR TRAINING
The Wilson Advising Center will host -Undergraduate Faculty Advisor Training- Thursday, October 9, from 11am-3pm in the Spring River Room of the Student Union. Light refreshments will be provided. We offer this opportunity each semester in collaboration with the Office of Admissions Records and Registration to better prepare faculty advisors for the upcoming advising and registration period. This semester we are extending an option for colleges and departments to become more involved by providing a representative from their unit to offer a break out session just for their faculty advisors in the afternoon.
11am-11:55am - Wilson Advising Center- Policies that Impact Advising, The Academic Transcript, Academic Standing & Restart, Admissions & Credits Appeals Process
12:00pm-12:55pm - Office of Admissions Records and Registration- Curriculum, Advising and Program Planning (CAPP), Graduation Requirements, Changing Majors, Banner & WebXtender
1:00pm-1:55pm - Individual College Breakout Sessions
- Spring River A-College of Sciences and Mathematics (SMART Center-Laura Kuizin)
- Spring River S-College of Media and Communications (Renette McCargo)
- Spring River U- College of Nursing & Health Professions (Connie Ryan, Social Work)
2:00pm-2:55pm - Individual College Breakout Sessions
- Spring River A-College of Humanities & Social Sciences (Cloyis Daughtee, Criminology, Sociology & Geography)
- Spring River S-College of Agriculture & Technology (Lori Fenner, Agriculture)
- Spring River U-College of Business (Sheena Allen, Business)
ADVISING MATTERS & So do you!
One of the goals of the Wilson Advising Center is to coordinate campus-wide services to support quality academic advising for faculty and students. This semester we will present ADVISING MATTERS November 3-6 to highlight the importance of advising as a profession and its role in helping students reach their academic goals.