The College of Agriculture is pleased to announce our new Agricultural Systems Technology (an emphasis in Agricultural Studies) degree! This program prepares students to apply engineering and technological principles to all areas of food production and processing. Career paths
We will have 2 new minors as well:
Crop Consulting and Agronomic Services
Spatial Technologies and Geographic Information Systems minor
If you are an Agriculture Business major and pursue the Crop Consulting and Agronomic Services minor, there are scholarships available! Greenway and Pro Ag Services are proud sponsors of these scholarships!
AMOUNT AND TERM OF AWARD:
$2,000 each, provided funds are available.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR RECEIVING SCHOLARSHIP:
Full-time student at ASU-J.
- Must be an Agricultural Business major in the College of Agriculture.
- Must complete the Crop Consulting and Agronomic Services minor as shown below:
- Students will receive $1,000 upon completion of the first 9 hours of minor course work and $1,000 during the semester they complete requirements for Crop Consulting and Agronomic Services minor (18 - 19 hours).
Select six of the following courses:
ONE of these courses:
- AGST 3503 – Agricultural Spatial Technologies I (3 hours)
- AGST 3543 – Fundamentals of GIS and GPS (3 hours)
FIVE of these courses:
- AGST 4003 – Modern Irrigation Systems (3 hours)
- BIOL 3313 – Economic Entomology (3 hours)
- PSSC 3313 – Plant Disease Management (3 hours)
- PSSC 3323 – Weeds and Weed Control (3 hours)
- PSSC 4713 – Soil Quality Assessment and Interpretation (3 hours)
- PSSC 4804 – Principles of Crop Production (4 hours)
- PSSC 4813 – Soil Fertility and Fertilizers (3 hours)
- PSSC 4343 – Seed Analysis and Processing (3 hours)