Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Immunization Information

Proof of Immunization

Proof of immunization for 2 measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) is required for all students. MMR immunizations must have been given after January 1, 1968 and after the students 1st birthday. Please contact the Office of Admissions, Records, and Registration for more questions at 870-972-2031 or visit their How to Apply webpage.

Immunization Record Copies

Copies of your immunization records are acceptable as long as they are signed by the clinician or have a school or clinic stamp on the copy. If you have had a name change, make sure the name under which you have registered at ASU is on the information you submit.

Immunizations at the Student Health Center

The Mumps, Measles, and Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses required.

Hepatitis B vaccination - This vaccine is not necessary for admission, but is mandatory for certain programs of study. The SHC offers Twinrix, which is a vaccine against both hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Twinrix is administered over three doses. The first injection is given at the initial visit, the second is given one month (31days) from initial shot, and the third is given five months (155 days) from the second shot for a total of a 6 month schedule.  Students 18 years or younger may go to the Health Department on Washington Ave. Call (870) 933-4585 for an appointment.

Tuberculin Skin Test - This is not an immunization, it is a skin test (screening) to determine if someone has developed an immune response to the bacterium that causes tuberculosis (TB). It is given annually if needed for employment or to meet specific program requirements and to international students that have not had previously in the United States.

Influenza Vaccination - This is not required for admission, but is recommended and available in the fall semester each year. 

Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination - Meningococcal Meningitis is a rare but potentially fatal illness. Although not required for admission, meningococcal vaccine is recommended by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention for college freshmen living in dormitories and protects about 90% of people who receive it. Meningococcal vaccine is not kept on hand at the SHC, but is available upon order through local pharmacies. Students 18 and younger may go to the Craighead County Health Department, call (870) 933-4585 for an appointment. All students may utilize the First Care Clinic on Parker Road for adult immunizations, call (870) 972-8181 for an appointment.

Allergy Injections – Allergy injections prescribed by an allergist can be given at the SHC. You will need to obtain copies of your doctor's orders/prescription for your specific shots. Please call and make an appointment for the initial visit and instructions as to what you will need to bring.  In case of an anaphylactic reaction, a specific dose of epinephrine will be administered.

Prophylactic medication for travel – The SHC provides prescriptions for medication to prevent diseases such as malaria prior to travel outside the United States. Please call for appointment.

More specific information regarding any & all immunizations can be obtained at The Student Health Center.

Above prices and services offered are subject to change. However, our goal is to provide most all services (i.e. office visits) with no cost to students.