Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Transfer Work

Transferring Coursework to ASU


If you are an Undergraduate student, send your transcript to the Office Admissions, Records and Registration: PO Box 1570, State University, AR 72467.

New or Current Graduate Students

If you are a new or current Graduate student, send your transcript to Admissions Records and Registrationl, P.O. Box 1570, State University, AR 72467.

Subject to the approval of the students' advisers and the graduate dean, master's students who have a "B" grade average or above in graduate work from another approved institution may be permitted to transfer a maximum of nine semester hours of credit.

Please note, graduate work that is older than six (6) years cannot be used to satisfy degree requirements unless approved through the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration.

International Students

If you are an International student, send your transcript to International Programs, PO Box 1570, State University, AR 72467 - USA.

Transcripts will be evaluated and acceptable credits will be added to the student's ASU record.

The ASU Office of Admissions, Records and Registration currently accepts electronic transcripts from the following:

  • National Student Clearinghouse
  • Scrip-Safe
  • Credentials Solutions
  • Docufide

When reviewing your transfer work on your ASU transcript, if GENL TRANSFER CREDIT appears and you wish to determine if courses are equivalent to ASU courses, print the General Education Approval Form and follow the directions.

Equivalent Course Information

ASU Transfer Course Equivalency Search

Use the Transfer Course Equivalency Search to view a list of all colleges and course equivalencies that are currently coded in our system.

When you select a school from the list provided, you can view its course offerings and ASU's equivalent courses.

The equivalencies listed reflect the current catalog reviewed from the respective school. Some departments may prefer different requirements and may substitute equivalencies for their programs. There may be stipulations to acceptance of some courses. For instance, a course may be accepted as fulfilling a course requirement from a 2-year institution, but no upper-level credit will be given. Some departments may require an exam to determine equivalency. Some courses may transfer as "elective" credit, which means the hours will transfer to ASU. Your major department will determine if these "elective" hours will be used in your degree plan.

The Transfer Course Equivalency Search is updated on a weekly basis but if you have any questions regarding the accuracy of the data, please contact the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration at 870-972-2031 or registrar@astate.edu.

College Source Online

College Source is available to access information and course descriptions from various colleges and universities. http://www.collegesource.org

The Arkansas Course Transfer System

The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) contains information about the transferability of courses within Arkansas public colleges and universities. Students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits and the equitable treatment in the application of credits for the admissions and degree requirements. Course transferability is not guaranteed for courses listed in ACTS as "No Comparable Course." Additionally, courses with a 'D' frequently do not transfer and institutional policies may vary. Please review this list for courses that will transfer to Arkansas State University under ACTS. ACTS may be accessed on the Internet by going to the ADHE website and selecting Course Transfer (http://www.adhe.edu).

The ACTS Student Transfer page will give you the opportunity to view transferable courses by selecting the institution that you are transferring from and the institution that you are transferring to. Access this information at http://acts.adhe.edu.

Transferring Coursework While on Academic Suspension at ASU

Students who are on Academic Suspension at ASU are not allowed to transfer coursework from another institution to ASU during any period that they are on Academic Suspension.  Any coursework received from another institution while a student is on Academic Suspension at ASU will be awarded using the grade of OS (On Suspension).  This method will not give the student any credit for the transferred work.  For more information on the academic standing policies at ASU, please review the ASU bulletins located here: Arkansas State University Bulletins.