Welcome to Arkansas State University!


Registering for Courses

Students who wish to register for courses must do so online through Self Service. Instructions on how to register along with an explanation of the registration pages in Self Service can be located in our Student myCampus Registration Guide.

Download the Registration Guide >>

Registration Quick Tips

  • Be sure you have been cleared to register by your advisor. Information on how to locate your advisor in Self Service can be located in our Student myCampus Registration Guide.
  • Be sure you do not have any holds on your account that would keep you from registering. Information on how to view your holds in Self Service can be located in our Student myCampus Registration Guide.
  • If you register for a course that you do not plan on taking, please make sure you drop the course in Self Service. Failure to do so may result in a 'WN' grade on your transcript. You could also be held financially responsible for these courses.

Late Registration

If available, the form for Late Registration can be obtained below.

Late Registration Form >>

Registration Overload

The maximum academic load for students with less than a 3.50 cumulative grade point average shall not exceed 18 hours per semester, 7 hours per five-week summer term, 15 hours per combined summer terms which includes May and August Interims. However, graduating seniors will be permitted to carry a one-hour overload during the last enrollment period if the one-hour overload will complete graduation requirements.

Students holding a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 or above may request permission of the dean of their college to schedule up to 21 Fall or Spring hours (18 Summer hours) in a semester.

Students should enroll for no more than fifteen semester hours on a three-day schedule (MWF), or no more than twelve semester hours on a two-day schedule (TTh).

The total academic load resulting from concurrent enrollments at Arkansas State University and other institutions shall not exceed the maximum load stated above. Correspondence and off-campus courses are to be included when computing academic load for each enrollment period.

Download the Request for Registration Overload >>

Registration Permits

Permits to register for courses are given by the department that houses the course. If you know you will need a permit to register for a course, please contact the department.  

Learn how to view permits that have been issued to you >>

Web Courses

Web courses and web assisted courses are those that utilize the Internet for the instructional method between instructors and students.

Learn how to view if you are registered for web courses >>