Welcome to Arkansas State University!

Applying for Teacher Licensure

Applying for Provisional Arkansas Licensure

1. Applications

The Arkansas Educator License Application may be obtained from the Arkansas Department of Education's website (www.arkansas.gov). These should be completed and returned to the Office of Professional Programs shortly after graduation. You will receive information regarding applying for licensure throughout your capstone internship semester.

2. Transcripts

All official A-State transcripts must be requested and sent electronically from the Registrar’s Office to the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), NOT Arkansas Department of Higher Education.  If you have no holds and are able to request a transcript, please use the first option, External College Code. You will enter the code for Arkansas Department of Education (912216) to send it from A-State to ADE. If every course is not listed on your official A-State transcript, you must provide official transcripts (no photocopies or unofficial transcripts) from ALL attended institutions. If you fail to do this, it will detain your license.

3. Praxis CORE/ACT/SAT & Praxis II Score Report

ALL pages of Praxis CORE/ACT/SAT and Praxis II must be furnished to the PEP Office before your application can be processed.  We no longer receive hard copies of your score reports.

4. Professional Development

Include a copy of the Record of Learning: Courses as documentation of completion of the professional development required for initial licensure.

5. Central Registry and Criminal Background Check

A central registry and criminal background check must be completed.  Dates must not be older than one year at the time of licensing.  Please check clearance of central registry and criminal background checks from http://adeaels.arkansas.gov

6. Assistance

If you have any questions concerning licensure or the applications, please feel free to contact Tiffany N. Mosley (tnmosley@astate.edu) or Dr. Audrey Bowser (abowser@astate.edu) at (870) 972-2099 in the PEP office. Please return forms to: Professional Education Programs Office, P.O. Box 720, State University, AR 72467