Welcome to Arkansas State University!
+ Campus notification: Night & Evening Classes Canceled

Night & Evening Classes Canceled Due to Winter Precipitation

Arkansas State University is canceling night and evening classes today, Nov. 14, due to winter precipitation. All academic events, including A-State Theatre, are canceled.

This closure also applies to our Paragould location.

While offices are closed and classes are canceled, university residential life areas continue to operate to support the on-campus student population.

The Red W.O.L.F. Center will close today at 8 p.m.

Everyone in the A-State Community is encouraged to review the Provost’s Inclement Weather Policy for questions regarding university operations during inclement weather.

For More Information

For updates on A-State events, please check the university’s official website AState.edu or social media feeds, Facebook.com/ArkansasState or @ArkansasState on Twitter.

Provost Inclement Weather Policy >>
More Information
University Communications

Emergency Contact
University Police

Social Media
Facebook Twitter
X Close

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there scholarships available specifically for non-traditional students? 

ASU does not issue scholarships specifically for non-traditional students. However, there is a Single Parent Scholarship that is available. Visit http://www.aspsf.org/county_craighead.html for more information. Please contact the office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to explore other options for financial assistance.

What housing options are available for non-traditional students? 

The Village, located on ASU's campus, is for non-traditional and graduate students. For more information on the criteria and application process please contact Residence Life.

Where can I find childcare?

There are many facilities in the Jonesboro area. There is a facility located on campus, Childhood Services, but it is not affiliated with ASU. Call 870-972-3055 for more information.

What kinds of programs/activities are available for non-traditional students?

The Office of Non-Traditional Services provides programming throughout the school year that is geared toward non-traditional students. Grab-N-Go Mondays, educational workshops, and Parents Night Out are just a few activities that you will enjoy. We also host several programs that are family-friendly such as movie night and Spring Fling. Take a look at our Upcoming Events for more details.

How do I submit a suggestion for a program or service?

Any ideas or suggestions should be sent to astatemc@astate.edu.