It may seem like citing your sources is tedious, but it is an important part of academic research. It helps you avoid plagiarism, provides readers with additional information, and adds credibility to your research.
Free Citation Builders
- EasyBib EDU: The coupon code for Arkansas State University is ArkanAR508
- Students and faculty who have never signed up before can register at https://edu.easybib.com/auth/coupon
- and returning users can upgrade their existing accounts by logging in at https://edu.easybib.com/auth/login, and then entering the school coupon code.
- Citation Machine: http://citationmachine.net/
Fill out a form and generate MLA or APA citations for a variety of common publication types.
Style Manual Home Pages
- American Psychological Association: http://www.apastyle.org/styletips.html
The APA website gives some tips about using APA style as well as information on citing electronic resources.
- The Chicago Manual of Style: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/
A page of frequently and not so frequently asked questions about the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Modern Language Association: http://www.mla.org
The MLA website briefly describes MLA style and answers some frequently asked questions.
- Uncle Sam Brief Guide to Citing Government Publications: http://www.memphis.edu/govpub/citweb.php
A basic guide from the Government Publications Department of the University of Memphis.
Helpful Citation Guides
- Assembling a List of Works Cited in Your Paper
This excellent guide from the Duke University Library demonstrates how to use APA, Chicago, MLA, and Turabian citation styles for the most common types of resources.
- Online! Citation Styles
A list of resources and links from Bedford St. Martin's Online! A Reference Guide to Using Internet Sources.
- Online Writing Lab (OWL): Resources for Documenting Sources
From Purdue University, this comprehensive guide describes all aspects of citation style for print and electronic resources and contains useful handouts.
For the OWL style handouts on: APA, MLA, citing electronic resources.