The Arkansas State University Writing Center is a comfortable learning space in which ALL members of the A-State community, undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff, can receive feedback on their writing. Our qualified, friendly writing consultants will help you at any stage of the process, from deciphering assignment sheets to providing feedback on writing projects that are nearly finished. We will help you with any writing occasion, whether it be personal, academic, or professional.
Our Writing Consultants will:
Our Writing Consultants will not:
- help you understand and plan your writing project;
- talk with you about the content, organization, style, and/or mechanics of your work;
- work with you on the integration of sources and documentation (APA, Chicago, MLA, Turabian, etc.);
- ensure that you are not engaging in academically dishonest writing and research practices;
- walk you through how to utilize the campus research databases;
- do our best not just to help you create better writing, but to help you become a better writer;
- review your work without you present;
- write or edit your paper for you;
- tell you what to write;
- assign a grade to your work, even informally;
- discuss you or your work with anyone outside of the Writing Center without your permission.
During these hours, students can visit the center in person or virtually, via Skype. Some restrictions may apply.
Please note that we are open only when classes are in session. Hours may vary during holidays and final exam periods.
You may book a Skype appointment in person or over the phone at (870) 972-3451