Registering for a Class
How can I get a current class schedule?
You can call our office at 870-972-3850 and we will be happy to mail or email you our class schedule. You can also view and download the current class schedule in pdf form by selecting the "Training Calendar" tab located on the left side of this page.
When should I register for a class?
Unless otherwise noted, registration is open until each class is filled or until one business day before the class start date. We encourage you to register early, as many classes fill prior to the start date. Class size is limited to ensure the highest quality of instruction. Classes with low enrollment may be canceled. To insure your place in the class of your choice, and to insure that the class is offered, it is best to register and pay fees as early as possible.
Some classes have "Early Bird" discounts for participants who sign up and pay by a certain date. Since many of the classes fill up quickly, we encourage you take advantage of our discounts.
How do I register for classes?
- Online: Register on this website or view our calendar. If you have difficulty opening the page, you might need to download Adobe Reader.
- Phone: You can call 870-972-3850. Phone-in registrations will be accepted using VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, or with a Purchase Order number. Call any weekday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We will take your information over the phone, mail you an invoice, or take your credit card information, and upon receipt of payment, you will be officially registered for class(es).
- In Person: Bring a completed registration form along with a check, Purchase Order, or credit card to the Delta Center for Economic Development 5501 Krueger Drive, Jonesboro, AR 72401.
- Mail: Mail your completed registration form along with full payment by check made payable to "ASU-DCED". Mail all checks to ASU-DCED / Attn: Treasure's Office / PO Box 2640 / State University, AR 72467. Unreadable registration forms can not be processed. We encourage you to register by phone prior to mailing your payment to insure your enrollment.
- Fax: You can copy and fax the registration form to the Delta Center at 870-972-3829. Fax registrations will be accepted only when accompanied by a Purchase Order or if followed by a phone call at 870-972-3850 in order to submit credit card information.
- Email: Send an email with your name, phone number, address, and the class you want to take to firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not include any credit card information in your email).
When do I pay my registration fee?
Enrollment is on a first-come, first serve basis. A registration is not considered complete until payment is received. Registration and payment should be made to guarantee your enrollment in any course.
Are there textbooks or other supplies that I need to take a course?
Your course fees include all materials needed for the class. Materials will be issued to you on the first day of class or as the instructor deems appropriate.
Will I receive a confirmation of my course enrollment?
Yes, an email will be sent to you after the enrollment process is completed. You will also receive a map to the training location, for that particular class, as an attachment.
How do I drop or change a class?
Please call our office at 870-972-3850 as soon as possible to drop or change a class. We may have other students waiting to enroll in that course. Late cancellation fees may apply.
When and Where
Where do classes offered by the Delta Center meet?
Most classes meet at one of the following locations:
- Industrial Park: ASU Center for Economic Development located at 5501 Krueger Drive, Jonesboro
- ASU Campus: ASU Delta Center for Economic Development located at 319 University Loop West.
- ASU Campus: Facilities Management Computer Lab located at 2713 Pawnee, Building A
Please check your confirmation email for location and room assignment. If you need directions please call 870-972-3850.
Where is your office located and what are your business hours?
The ASU Delta Center Professional & Workforce Development group is conveniently located in the Jonesboro Industrial Park at 5501 Krueger Drive. Our office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What are your policies for cancellations and inclement weather?
If a class is cancelled by the DCED, a full refund will be issued. If a class is cancelled by the student, it must be done two business days prior to the class start date in order to receive a full refund. A 50% cancellation fee is charged unless a 2-day notice is provided. If a student simply does not show up for a class in which they were enrolled, they will not receive a refund on their course fees and will be billed at 100%. Substitutes are encouraged in the event that a person enrolled in a course can not attend after the registration date is closed. If you withdraw from your course prior to the registration deadline, a full refund will be issued.
Inclement Weather/School Closures
If the University is closed during the day because of bad weather or due to an emergency, our classes are also cancelled. We will make every attempt to reschedule classes for our students. In the event the classes are not cancelled but the weather is inclement, we urge you to use your best judgment in deciding whether or not to attend the class. If in doubt, please call 870-972-3850. If for some reason ASU cancels classes, it is generally listed www2.astate.edu or on KAIT Channel 8.
Why do you sometimes cancel classes?
Every effort is made to offer all advertised classes. Credit-free courses are self-supporting and all course-related expenses are paid from the students fees. Courses that do not reach a minimum student enrollment ("made") are subject to cancellation. If this should occur, you will be notified and every effort will be made to transfer you to another section, find an alternative course, or process your refund in full.
Other Class Related Information
Will I get a grade?
Our instructors do not issue "grades" for our courses, however, you will receive a certificate of completion from Arkansas State University.
Do these classes qualify for college credit?
No, you will not receive college credit for any our classes. All of our classes are workforce training non-credit courses.
Do I need a high school diploma or a GED to take these classes?
No, you are not required to hold a high school diploma or a GED to enroll in our courses.
Can I use federal student aid (student loans, or grants) to for these courses?
That is a decision to be discussed between you and the agency that is approving you financial.